For many of us the Covid-19 pandemic will mean the first time we're working from home. Presenting your best self online in whatever virtual setting you find yourself is important to managing the perception of your boss and co workers as well as other key stakeholders.
This weeks episode is an interview with Kaye Ure from Styling Individuals. We cover Kaye's tops for setting up a physical environment to ensure you look professional on screen and she also shares tips for how to adjust your clothing and makeup for a virtual context.
Kaye has an offer at the moment for individuals that want to work with her 1:1 to set themselves up for success. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Connect with Kaye on Instagram as well to see how she works with clients and ensures they look great and feel confident.
Today's episode is an interview with Michelle Bowditch from Door20A.
Michelle is a Sydney based tech lover, tech educator and advocate for the EA profession and is the perfect person to interview to understand how you can leverage technology and set yourself up for success working remotely.
Michelle's top tips discussed in this episode:
1. App - Tom the Grizzly Bear (search for Bear Focus Timer in app store)
2. Take a photo of your OFFICE environment and replicate it at home as best you can
3. Don't set up in lounge or on dining table. Set up a dedicated space (ideally with natural light and a pleasing outlook)
4. Have back up communication platforms (ie if you use Zoom also have Skype, Messenger, Facetime or set up or Webinar Jam etc)
5. Take scheduled breaks and get out into the fresh air
6. Set up 'virtual coffee breaks'
7. Watch Michelle's '2 Minute Moves' video on Instagram
8. Send video messages to colleagues instead of just emailing and texting
If you need some support, take advantage of Michelle's tech audit ($99 for 1 hour consultation conducted via Zoom/Skype/Messenger etc)
In these times of volatility and uncertainty it can feel like we can't control anything. In this short episode I just wanted to encourage you that your mindset matters SO much right now. We can't control what is happening but we can control how we react to it.
Remember, you are the boss of your own mind and looking after your own mental and physical health is something you can and should do.
Sending you love and support during these trying times.