Episode 163 is my interview with Jeanette Botha.
Jeanette is an experienced business leader and currently VP of Sales Development for a multi-national based in Bonn, Germany. Her main responsibility is leading all Sales initiatives, programs and initiatives with the 40 EU countries to deliver their revenue targets.
Jeanette is also an ICF (International Coaching Federation) accredited coach with a specific focus on empowering professionals with the presentation skills to ensure they are visible in their organisation. Jeanette says:
In this wide-ranging interview we cover:
- Navigating career spider frame, moving from South Africa to Germany.
- How in her experience, “the next best step is not always up”
- Shares her experience of believing that simply being great at her job would make her visible and promotable and the hard lessons she can share in this area where she had to push herself out of her comfort zone and make herself visible
- Valuable tips on presentation skills - that they’re underrated “they’re the black sheep of corporate skills”, not a “nice to have, but a must”.
- How being visible within the org is key to you being seen not just for career profession but also to be visible as role models for others.
- A fantastic suggestion that you as an assistant get time in team meetings…helpful for you to start developing your presentation skills. Helps others see you as an equal member of the team. Opportunity for you to stand up and stand out.
- How presentation skills build your ability to communicate your value
- Why you need to get comfortable with nerves
Four tips for how to get present more effectively
Listen right to the end to hear about a brilliant free tool that Jeanette is making available for you to get an understanding of the strengths you already possess as a presenter and how you can amplify them.
You can find Jeanette's website and the link to the tool here:
Connect with Jeanette on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeanettebotha/