The Being Indispensable podcast is about inspiring and educating you as assistants and OPs and Emma Rhoades is someone I have enormous respect for in terms of her knowledge and expertise in the area of management skills and self leadership.
Emma walks the talk and in Part 1 of our conversation she shares her own experience navigating the career spider frame and how she has arrived at the point of founding Her Corporate Journey.
In the first of two episodes we also discuss:
- The value of noticing and observing the patterns and themes that are present in your work history
- How curiosity and courage drive Emma and how important self-reflection on her values and value have been to her
- We talk about what drives her and the change she wants to make in the corporate experience of women
- You will hear how Emma has made conscious decisions in the way she has sought to show up as a manager and how she wants to empower and support others to do so
- Emma shares her thoughts on the idea of leading from where you are
- Finally we talk about the value that can be gained from getting clear on your value proposition and your goals.
You can learn more about Emma and Her Corporate Journey at